VEIL.AI is a HealthTech company that offers solutions for better utilization of health data, e.g., for hospitals, pharmaceutical and MedTech companies. We are a forerunner in next-generation health data anonymization. Our patented VEIL.AI Anonymization Engine produces extremely high-quality anonymized and synthetic data, offering our customers great new opportunities for utilizing health data. For more information, please visit www.veil.ai.
Our team is growing, and for this we need bright minds with a can-do attitude.
Are you interested in working with data management and privacy enhancing technologies together with customers?
DATA SCIENTIST/ENGINEER, CUSTOMER PROJECTS
You will be working with health data anonymization and synthetization in our customer projects, where you design and develop customer specific implementations to collect, process and store data together with the customer and the rest of the VEIL.AI team. In many projects you’ll have to utilize customer provided tools and solutions for data science and data management activities.
As a Data Scientist, you will need to work on concepts like health data harmonization, curation engineering and Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs) to make the data fit for purpose. You should feel confident working with sensitive data on various platforms, the cloud and on-premises. Your primary tool is the VEIL.AI Anonymization Engine, a software solution developed by VEIL.AI, that you’ll utilize in project work to anonymize data and generate synthetic data.
Your key tasks involve the project’s technical work, and cooperation with the project manager in order to meet the schedule deadlines and deliver high quality results. Additionally, you will work with our software developers to help them address any challenges and provide ideas for new features and capabilities. Your feedback from real customer project work will be highly valuable to align our software development.
Working with customer technical project personnel is an essential part of your work. In different meetings you will constantly look for answers, ideas and solutions to achieve project goals and meet customer expectations.
What are we looking for?
- Strong data science / engineering / statistics skills and know-how
- Experience working with real health data
– domain expertise in pharma and life sciences is a big plus!
- Understanding of PETs (Privacy Enhancing Technologies)
- Understanding of AI/ML technologies
- Tech experience:
– Primary: Python, Jupyter Notebook
– Secondary: R
– Experience of working with cloud data platforms;
– Experience of quality assurance
- Understanding the culture in an SME (Small-and-Medium-sized Enterprises)
- Self-directed and active work style, with evidence of successful results
- Dedication to multi year projects
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills and desire to work with customers
- Proficiency in English
– Nordic languages and German are a plus
- Education and degree suitable for the position
- We also appreciate your ability to develop and your desire to constantly learn new things, so that you can come up with new ideas and opportunities
What do we offer?
- A technical, hands-on position in real health data projects
- A job in a developing and growing multicultural healthtech company
- A pleasant, professional, and experienced team
- The possibility to join the stock option scheme of the company
Your workplace will be in Helsinki, but you can also work partly from home. Depending on the projects’ needs, you might need to travel occasionally, mostly within the EU.
For more information about the position, contact Chief Product Officer Max Salmi by email [email protected] or by phone +358 40 8241486 during 10 a.m – 4 p.m (EET).
The application period for the position is until October 16th, 2023. The position will be filled as soon as we have the right candidate. Please send your English CV and application to: [email protected]